For Tech-Savvy Parents: Top 10 Wearable Technology for Baby
Posted on June 06 2017
With the emergence, and gradual adaptation of wearable technology - from the smart watch to the Google glass to USB cuff links (right?!), it seems clear that the digital age is now in full throttle, with no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Now the internet is no longer just this new, fun thing we go on, but it is what fuels, and supports our daily activities, and interactions. To take full advantage of all these developments, we've come up with a list of our top 10 wearable gadgets that could benefit parents, and little ones alike.
- TempTraq Intelligent Thermometer
- TempTraq is the first and only 24-hour intelligent thermometer that continuously senses, records, and sends alerts of a child’s temperature to your mobile device
2. Korex Waterproof Babysitter
- Waterproof, reliable, and programmed with real-time GPS tracking, the KOREX Waterproof Babysitter Smartwatch is cost-efficient tracker to consider if you're looking for a wearable GPS device for your kids. The KOREX comes with a plethora of features, including smooth two way talking, waterproof abilities, immediate SOS emergency alert, and a Smart Alarm for homework reminders, waking up in the morning, and so much more. The smartwatch even comes with an Electric Fence feature in which parents will be notified if their children leave a specifically indicated secure area.
- Mimo uses proprietary sensor technology to give parents insight into their baby’s sleep – helping them see patterns they never thought existed and develop plans to improve sleep routines. Mimo actively keeps parents updated throughout the night to changes in their baby’s activity, and can connect multiple caregivers at once – ensuring everyone gets quality sleep and stays on the same page. Because when baby sleeps, parents sleep.
4. Owlet Smart Sock
- Using clinically proven technology called Pulse Oximetry, Owlet tracks a child’s heart rate and oxygen level and notifies if levels are higher or lower than preset levels. These levels are a good indicator of overall wellness.
5. MonBaby Smart Breathing Monitor
- Compared with back sleeping, stomach sleeping carries between 1.7 and 12.9 times the risk of SIDS. MonBaby comes with many more features, including the ability to track your baby’s sleeping position. If a baby flips onto their belly while sleeping, the MonBaby will alert you.
6. Intel Smart Clip
- Based on the Intel® Quark™ SoC, the Intel Smart Clip prototype uses a built-in Bluetooth sensor and can alert a parent’s or caregiver’s mobile device if the baby becomes unbuckled, is too hot or cold, or if the clip’s battery is low. Most importantly, the Intel Smart Clip can send an alert if the buckle is still fastened while the parent or caretaker falls out of range with the mobile device – preventing a toddler from being left behind in the car seat.
7. Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor
- Snuza® Hero baby monitor is a wearable device which attaches to your baby's diaper and monitors your baby’s abdominal movement. The Hero detects the slightest of movements and will alert you if abdominal movement is weak or less than eight movements per minute. If the Snuza® Hero detects no abdominal movement for 15 seconds it will vibrate in an effort to rouse your baby to resume abdominal movement.
8. Pacif-i Electronic Pacifier
- Pacif-i is a Bluetooth Low Energy pacifier for iOS and Android designed to continuously monitor your baby's temperature easily and without fuss. With your smartphone you have an accurate timestamped record of your baby’s temperature at your finger tips, invaluable for tracking the effects of medication and the health and wellbeing of your baby.
9. Project Nursery SmartBand
- Meet the new, one-of-its kind Parent + Baby SmartBand by Project Nursery. From scheduling and tracking appointments and events for parent and baby to streamlining the information right to your phone, the SmartBand offers thoughtful features and capabilities to simplify daily life for baby and mom through pregnancy, infancy and beyond.
10. KidGPS Tracker
- KidGPS is a real-time GPS location tracker that pretty much covers all the bases in terms of essential safety features. Quick to setup and easy to use, the device lets you find the location of your child, anytime, anywhere, from your smartphone or tablet. KidGPS uses a nationwide, reliable cellular network to pinpoint your child’s location.
Wearable tech isn't for every parent as some find it as just being too paranoid, but one can't deny that it definitely helps to ease one's worries about your little one's safety and well-being. So whether it's for you, or otherwise, it's always good to be knowledgeable of your options.