Working from home can be a major struggle. It’s stressful to juggle conference calls and deadlines with changing diapers and children constantly running around the house. But there’s no need to be alarmed because a simple parenting trick can make this setup possible.
Menace of Being a Work-At-Home Parent
A work-from-home setup has been the norm ever since the pandemic swept the globe. Now that the world is returning back to normal, it appears to remain. But working from home is also a complicating factor to those who don’t have enough time to balance their priorities between work and family. Here are some of its negative effects.
Risk of Overworking
Remote working presents the possibility of working longer than required, which causes heightened frustration and weariness on your end. Additionally, spending sufficient time with your kids and paying attention to them is almost impossible.
Lack of Concentration
Energetic kids who often watch television, play with the dogs, or roam around the house can impact your job performance. You can avoid this problem by giving them enough space to play and activities for them to engage in.
Teleworking might help you reduce commuting time, but it can also be inconvenient. The flexibility may impact your performance since you might focus on activities outside of work, like taking care of your kid.
Young children require a massive list of activities, ranging from demanding homework support to basic tasks such as helping them brush their teeth and playing with them. These tasks can cause you to get impatient, which can affect your overall work performance.
Power of Playtime: What Makes It Essential?
Between remote work, household tasks, and social obligations, there is a higher pressure of finding time for ourselves and our kids. So, how can parents fit everything in without struggling too much? Here are our few suggestions on making the most of your time together through recreation.
- Having playtime with your kid enables them to cultivate their physical skills, social skills and self-control. They’ll learn how to act in social situations when interacting with their parents and others. They will also realize what is permissible by following their parent’s lead. In other words, it encourages them to discover new things, explore, and learn every day, so you can raise them easily.
- Playing together is among the most beneficial initiatives to enhance your connection with your child. It brings excitement, vibrancy, and strength of character. It also has the power to fix feelings of resentment, misunderstandings, and grief. Your kid will learn to trust you and feel comfortable even if you are working and busy.
To put it another way, working from home with a toddler can be challenging, but if you do it right, it can be an immensely rewarding experience too.
Recreational Tips and Tricks While Working
Check out how using a big playpen for your active little ones will help you in a WFH setup. This spacious item offers plenty of room for them to move around while you can focus on your work. Here are some tips on how to gain that parent-child relationship using this roomy item:
- Make an effort to create a distinct office in your home where you can concentrate on your job without being distracted. If that’s not possible, try to schedule specific times during the day when you can work, and stick to the schedule as closely as possible. This tip will help you manage your work (and your stress) better.
- Stock the large baby playpen with fun accessories like plenty of toys and books to keep your baby entertained. Ensure that items with sharp points, small parts, and are battery-operated are all placed away to avoid accidents.
- Check on your baby every few hours to see if they’re doing well and aren’t getting bored in their playpen. If you’re still concerned about their safety, place a play mat on the floor to protect them further.
- Finally, enjoy being able to work from home while knowing your baby is safe and happy.
Play Time, Big Time with Ashtonbee’s Playpen for Kids
Ashtonbee’s playpen activity center for kids is a great way to give your child some extra playtime at home. It provides plenty of space for kids to run around and explore. You can also place it indoors or outdoors, so you don’t need to worry about your kid wandering around. Additionally, it has adjustable panels and rubber feet so that the playpen stays in place.
In case you’re curious how this item can help you at home, here are other benefits of using Ashtonbee’s playpen for babies:
- Safe and functional: Ashtonbee’s playpen is built to be abrasion-resistant with its rubber foundation underneath to keep it from being thrown around by kids. These safety locks can also prohibit a toddler from escaping the playpen.
- Fun and interactive games: The panels are multi-colored, making them a visual feast for children! They’ll certainly adore the design intricacies, recreational events, and bright illustrations like an early management abacus and shape designs.
- Spacious: Don’t be worried about a narrow space since its 16-panel structure can create a large and safe enough play area for your little child. What makes it even better is that it’s spacious enough for parents to join too.
- Suitable for WFH parents: The best baby playpen is useful when you don’t have any babysitters or domestic help, as it keeps your kids contained in one place.
It’s challenging enough to be a stay-at-home parent, but it’s practically impossible when you’re also wrangling a restless toddler. Thankfully, with a little creativity, some handy parenting hacks, and the playpen from Ashtonbee, you can keep your child happy and safe while you get your work done.
If you’re looking for more gear for your little one to hang out safely while you work, be sure to browse our shop and create the perfect safe space for your kid.