For parents and parents-to-be, one of the most exciting parts of seeing your kids grow is when they start eating solid food. It makes meal time more enjoyable and meaningful because instead of feeding them, parents get to eat with them. But before introducing baby food to your little ones, make sure they are ready for it.
Transitioning from milk to solids will be challenging for little kids because there will be new sensations in their mouths, and it will take time to get used to chewing and swallowing. But there’s a safe way of slowly integrating solid food into their meals without worrying about choking hazards.
Baby feeders are the best for preparing your little one’s for their solid food journey. Your kids can nibble on these feeders and eat as much food as they want. They are also beneficial for teething babies. Learn more about food feeders and why they’re a must-have baby essential now.
What are the things to consider when choosing a fruit feeder pacifier?
Baby food feeders are essential for solid food transitioning. You can easily buy these baby tools in your local pharmacy. But before splurging on a baby feeder, here are some considerations to ensure the product is good to use for your kids.
- Look for baby food feeders that are made from baby-safe materials. The item should meet safety requirements and be BPA-, latex-, lead-, and phthalate-free.
- For silicone feeders, make sure that the feeding tips are made from food-grade silicone to guarantee they are toxic-free and safe for your kids to chew on.
- Look for a baby food feeder with an ergonomic handle. This will help your baby develop their grip and keep their dirty hands away from the food.
- Baby fruit feeders with tiny holes are best when transitioning to solids. These holes only allow little food pieces and prevent choke-sized chunks. You can also look for a food feeder with an adjustable hole size, so they are capable of releasing bigger chunks of food when your kids are older.
Baby fruit feeder pacifiers: mesh vs. silicone
There are two types of fruit pacifier feeders you can choose from. There are baby fruit suckers with a mesh or silicone bag on the tip. Let’s discuss how the two feeds differ from one another.
The mesh feeder pacifier makes it easier for your kids to chew on solid food and even frozen fruits. Mesh feeders have tiny holes that ensure no big chunks will pass through that your kids could choke on. The product is also easy to clean, and when the mesh bag is torn, you can easily change it.
A silicone baby fruit feeder pacifier is more popular with parents and more preferred by little kids because the tip resembles feeding bottles and nipples. These feeders are made from soft chewable silicone, which is comfortable on kids’ mouth muscles.
Mashed food or cut-up little pieces are best for silicone infant fruit nipples. These can also double as a teething toy. You can put it inside the freezer for several minutes or put some ice chips in it. The cold will help soothe your baby’s teething discomfort.
What is the best age for kids to use baby fruit feeders?
We know that parents are excited to try the feeder pacifier with their kids. But hold off your excitement because there are r signs that can tell if your kids are ready to try solid food. Pediatricians recommend trying solid food with your kids when they reach six months old. Take things slowly. The majority of their nutrition should still come from breast milk at this point.
Here are several indicators that parents can use to tell when their children are ready for solid meals.
- See if your kids can sit upright without anyone supporting them.
- Try putting a spoon near their mouth. If your kids voluntarily open their mouths, it means they are willing to eat.
- Observe if they have an interest in food. For example, when kids try to grab your food and look at you when you eat, it’s a good sign to start transitioning to solids.
A fresh food feeder is also a great baby essential if you want to keep babies busy. They’ll happily munch on the frozen fruit while you do other tasks you need to attend to.
What should you put in the baby feeder?
You can be creative with your baby’s meals when using food feeders. There are so many fresh or frozen fruits your kids will surely love. The different berries—blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries—will stimulate a baby’s appetite. They also contain natural nutrients, which is beneficial to a growing baby.
Aside from fresh fruits, you can feed them soft foods, like mashed vegetables, through the feeder. Sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, and cauliflowers are best for your kids. Moreover, you can put frozen breast milk in these food feeders.
You can also make flavored ice pops from fruit juices. Even medicine can be incorporated with baby food when using baby food feeders.
What are the advantages of using baby feeders?
Baby food feeders give certain advantages to your kid’s development. Here are some of the advantages of baby food feeders.
Encourages babies to self-feed. A fresh food fruit nibbler makes your child feel they can do things independently. They may not be holding their utensils, but this will surely help them learn self-feeding.
Helps with their teething phase. You can easily turn the feeder pacifier into a teething toy by putting ice chips or something frozen inside. The cooling sensation can help relieve the pain from swollen gums. Moreover, the textured surfaces of food feeders can help a baby’s aching, itchy gums.
Develops motor skills and coordination. Food feeder handles can develop fine motor skills as your kids grab them. It’s good practice for when you give them their spoon and fork to hold. Also, the action of bringing their food into the mouth develops coordination and familiarization.
How to clean a fruit feeder pacifier?
Always make sure your kid’s feeding tools are sanitized before using them. For example, for a fruit feeder pacifier, no matter if it’s mesh or silicone, wash the tips with warm soapy water to eliminate all food residue inside the feeding tube. When the silicone tip or the mesh shows signs of discoloration, make it a habit to change it to ensure your child’s safety.
Ashtonbee’s Fruit Pacifier Feeder
When it comes to finding the best baby food feeders and other essentials, Ashtonbee has the best baby fruit feeder pacifier you can find on the market. Let’s check out its features:
- The baby feeder is made from the highest food grade silicone and food-safe coloring to ensure it is toxic-free and safe for little kids to use. Furthermore, the product is guaranteed BPA-free, lead-free, PVC-free, and phthalates-free.
- This product eliminates choking hazards by allowing only small chunks of food to pass through the hole.
- The baby feeder comes with an easy grip handle to help your baby develop grasping and other motor skills. The product is also stain resistant and dishwasher-safe, so it’s guaranteed to last long.
Baby pacifier feeders are the key to making meal times more fun and convenient. Eating solid food is a milestone for your little kids. But don’t get too excited and rush their transition to solid food—that will only make them hate the experience. Baby fruit feeders give you a lot of creativity to introduce new flavors and foods to your kids without the stress.
We hope this information on baby food feeders makes meal time with your kids fun, safe, and healthy. If you’re looking for baby essentials, don’t forget to browse our shop for baby products.