Have you been told that your fun, traveling days are over once you have a baby? Well, you shouldn’t believe that. It can be quite challenging, but you can still go on a pleasant, stress-free trip with your little one with the right equipment and practice!
There’s no denying that it can be tough to travel with a baby. For one, you’re a new parent still learning how to take care of a delicate life. It is especially crucial when traveling since your babies are not in the comforts of their home and are exposed to external factors. These factors can cause major problems, no matter how small or harmless they may seem.
But don’t worry. This article provides you with a checklist of portable items to make your and your baby’s life easier while on vacation. No more lugging around a huge baby high chair or missing a changing pad—you can use a foldable high chair, lightweight changing pads, and more! Check out our portable packing list below.
A Travel-Ready Checklist: 5 Portable Babyproof Items for a Pleasant Trip With Your Little One
Ready to go on a pleasant trip and discover the world’s beauty with your baby? Before that, pack these portable items first! Bringing them will spare you the stress of parenthood and allow you to make good memories during the trip. Check out our portable checklist for worry-free travels with your baby!
1. Foldable High Chair for a Baby
A high chair is essential for your baby’s mealtime and playtime. When you need to do something else, you can keep them still and safe in it. But with traveling, it can be hard to bring a fixed high baby chair. Thus, it would be best to get a foldable high chair for travels as an alternative.
It doesn’t occupy too much space, and you can bring it anywhere, making it the perfect on-the-go tool for parents. A foldable chair always comes in handy whether you’re dining in a restaurant or are out on a picnic.
2. Portable Changing Pad
A foldable and portable changing pad is a must-have for new parents. It makes diaper changing easier, especially when you’re out and about. Portable changing pads can fit in any bag and be brought anywhere—in the car, in a restaurant’s restroom, or in a public changing station for babies.
A portable changing pad will keep you and your baby clean and comfortable all day long. With this item on your list, surprise messes aren’t as daunting as you might think. You can rely on it anytime and anywhere.
3. Portable Snacks
One of the challenges of traveling with a baby is finding food that they can eat. Aside from car stops to restaurants for a proper meal, consider packing snacks from home. These include baby puree pouches, Gerbers Puffs, and full-fat plain yogurt pouches.
You can feed these to your little one during the ride (unless you’re breastfeeding, then you’re all set.) It’s always good to bring their favorite portable snacks and meals along. This way, you won’t panic when they get hungry or refuse to eat food from the stops.
4. Portable Bed Rails
If you’re on staycation, chances are your little one will be sleeping in a pack ‘n play or crib. That’s fine, but not all babies feel comfortable sleeping in them. So to make them feel more at home—and to ensure they don’t roll off the bed—you can bring some portable bed rails.
Portable bed rails, also known as bed bumpers or bumper rails, are lightweight and inflatable fabric rails filled with polyester fibers. You place them on bedsides to create a protective barrier around your sleeping baby. With portable bumpers, you won’t risk their safety, provide them with comfortable sleeping space, and spare yourself from stressful packing.
5. Travel Toys
Last but not least, babies need something to feed their endless curiosity over everything. During the trip, they’ll explore and touch everything they see. So to prevent them from getting bored and fussy, don’t forget to pack some travel toys for your trip.
Travel toys are the perfect portable items to keep your curious little one occupied. Naturally, you can’t bring all of their favorite toys, so you must choose the compact ones when packing. Some examples of travel toys are story or activity books, small teether toys, maracas, sensory toys, and stroller toys.
A Quick Checklist on Other Necessary Items to Bring for a Trip With Your Baby
With portable items in your bag, you now have more space to add more necessary stuff for your trip. Below is a quick checklist of other basic items you should bring when traveling with your little one.
- A complete changing kit: diapers, diaper cream, baby wipes, and a waste/resealable bag for dirty diapers and used clothes
- Sippy cups or baby bottles
- Two or three cozy baby blankets for warmth and covering purposes
- Bibs and burping cloths
- Change of clothes (must be weather-specific) for you and your baby
- A portable baby carrier for quick and easy stops
- Protective car seat pads or covers
- A first aid kit: meds appropriate for your baby’s age, antibiotic ointment, and bandages
- Phone charger, outlet covers, and your pediatrician’s number in case of emergencies
- Baby lotion and sunscreen for skin protection
Take the Stress-Free Traveling Route With Ashtonbee’s Portable Collection
It can be difficult to travel with a baby, especially for new parents. However, it’s not impossible to overcome the challenges and push the agenda for a pleasant trip! Here’s the solution: bring portable items to eliminate the stress of packing and traveling! That way, you and your baby can be happy and comfortable throughout the entire trip.
Get everything you need, from the best foldable high chair to mini snacks and travel toys. Also, don’t forget to double-check the basic items. Once all of these are complete, then you’re good to go. We hope this list helps make your parenting life much easier.
Shopping for portable traveling items for your baby? Check out a preview of Ashtonbee’s portable collection below:
- Portable Bed Rails for Toddlers – These are travel-friendly bed bumpers for your little one. They’re comfortable and are easy to use and carry. Plus, they have a non-slip silicone backing that ensures they stay in place.
- Portable Diaper Changing Pad and Travel Bag – A diaper bag with a detachable changing mat perfect for a portable traveling item. It has a large surface and multiple storage compartments. Moreover, it’s waterproof and easy to attach to car seats or strollers using velcro straps.
- Baby Fruit Feeders, Sippy Cups, and Teethers – Bring these baby-friendly items for your little one’s meals in between traveling. They’re FDA-approved and free from BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalates. Additionally, they’re easy to clean and store, perfect for your portable traveling needs.
- Silicone Baby Bibs – These are safe, food-grade silicone bibs that are easy to clean and resistant to water and stains. Moreover, there’s an extra pocket for catching food crumbs—perfect for pleasant traveling with your baby!
- Newborn Baby Pillow – A hypoallergenic and bacteria-resistant infant pillow made of organic cotton and memory foam. It’s designed to provide comfort, head alignment, and good airflow to the neck area. Use this with consent and advice from your pediatrician.
- Star Baby Head Pillow – A travel-friendly, cotton-made, double-sided head pillow with a concave center design. It correctly aligns your little one’s head, neck, and spine. Use this with consent and advice from your pediatrician.
So, what are you waiting for? Start portable packing now and create wonderful memories with your little one!